This is my first DIY sewing exercise. A cushion cover.
- Recycled fabric. In this case Ikea curtain remnants.
- Cotton thread
- Ready-made cushion or cushion filling
- Sewing scissors, pins and a needle
A basic square cushion cover is relatively simple.
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric to size. Be inventive and put interesting prints together.
- Place the 2 fabric sheets of the cushion cover together, with the fabric design facing inwards
- Pin all 4 sides of the fabric square together
- Start sewing along the sides, complete 3 sides
- Turn the cushion cover out. Before it was inside out!
- Push the ready-made cushion or filling inside
- Finish sewing the fourth side and close
There are many other ways to make a cushion cover, as I discovered afterwards, but in the meantime, it’s a start!